Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs) are silicon-based solid state low level light sensors. They are basically an array of silicon avalanche photo diodes (APDs), each operated in Geiger-mode. This results in the SiPM’s advantages of high gain, low temperature dependency, easy operation and enhanced next generation sensor performance.
KETEK Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs) are novel solid-state silicon detectors with single photon counting capability. SiPMs excel in many applications and feature high gain with very low temperature drift, extremely good timing performance at a low operating voltage. They are also insensitive to magnetic fields and stand out with their mechanical robustness. KETEK provides cost-effective solutions from high volume applications to customized detector solutions.
- Single photon resolution
- High photon detection efficiency
- High gain and high signal to noise ratio
- Very compact devices
- Low bias voltage
- Insensitive to magnetic fields
- Superior time resolution
- Counting and CW measurements
- Simple calibration and monitoring
- Not damaged by daylight
- Low costs
SiPMs combine the benefits of vacuum PMTs (high photon detection efficiency, gain and signal-to-noise) with the benefits of APDs (robustness, miniaturized design, low operation voltage, cost-effective and magnetic insensitivity) to an outstanding low level light sensor with an exceptional performance at low cost. KETEK’s fabless foundry business is offering cost-effective in-time production with scalability to nearly any imaginable customer demand.
|PM1125-WB-C0||1 x 1||25 x 25||1600||31 - 45%||50 - 125||7 - 26%||30 ns|
|PM3315-WB-C0||3 x 3||15 x 15||38800||22 - 31%||50 - 125||8 - 18%||13 - 47 ns|
|PM3325-WB-C0||3 x 3||25 x 25||13920||31 - 45%||50 - 125||12 - 26%||40 ns|
- Medical Imaging – Improved images and better diagnosis.
- Biophotonics & Life Science – Lower noise and superior images at reduced cost.
- High Energy & Astro Physics – Reliable performance in harsh environments.
- Lidar & 3D Ranging (Optical Measurement) – Extended range with single photon sensitivity.
- Hazard & Threat Detection (Homeland Security) – Compact, robust and reliable detection of radiation.
- Communications – Cryptography and Data Transmission.
- Sorting & Recycling – Fast and energy resolvent detectors for higher throughput.