smartGAS gas sensors use infra-red absorption of gases (NDIR technology) and thus are accurate, reliable and cost-efficient. They are suitable for an extremely wide variety of applications in process measuring technology and ambient air monitoring.
As a solutions provider for gas sensor technology, smartGAS can offer custom solutions. Gases include:
CO & CO2
Acetone, n-butane, ethane, methane & propane
NOX and other pollutant gases
These NDIR gas sensors work without moving parts or chemical reactants. This minimizes the maintenance work and thus the operating and servicing costs compared with other gas sensor technology. These gas sensors are environmentally friendly, long-lasting and reliable. You too can benefit from smartGAS’ expertise!
New from smartGAS:
- The SYMECO approach from smartGAS allows you to use different NDIR sensors from the FLOWEVO line. As an example, you can measure CO2 in % and CO in ppm with the same interface.
- More ranges for CO measurement are available in their FLOWEVO series: 2000 ppm, 5000 ppm, 10 vol.-%, 50 vol.-% & 100 vol.-%
- smartGAS’ new NDIR Broadband refrigerant sensors from smartGAS provide a flexible solution for measuring multiple gases in one set-up. The broadband refrigerant sensor is calibrated to 2000 ppm R134a, but is also great for measuring R125, R404a, R407a and R410a. You select the gas to be measured in your application and apply the appropriate conversion factor.
- The SILAREX sensor platform allows multiple gases to be measured in the same module. It also has pressure compensation.
The functional principle of smartGAS sensors & modules
The IR principle uses the individual absorption spectrum of the gas being measured. The exact gas concentration is determined through precise quantitative analysis of this spectrum. Because of this, their gas sensors function very selectively and are virtually unaffected by other environmental factors or gases.
The functional principle of our gas sensors: long-term stability and performance thanks to NDIR technology from smartGAS
As all measured gases absorb in varying spectral ranges, a kind of “fingerprint” arises that allows very selective characterization without cross-sensitivities. Gas sensors from smartGAS possess an integrated electronic evaluation system that displays a simple to use concentration signal to you as the user and reliably compensates for all drift and temperature influences.
Gas sensors for the process measuring technology
The precise and selective gas sensors from smartGAS are distinguished by simple handling and cost efficiency – even in demanding applications. Knowledge of the internal flows and current state of a process is essential for the control and cost-efficient operation of plants. If measurements are lost, or if they cannot be used, this can lead to high costs. We possess this knowledge and incorporate it in your application as a solution. Our optimized optical components, in combination with the adapted software, ensure high long-term stability and performance – for your application too. In contrast to chemically-based gas sensors, their products are not only lower-maintenance and longer lasting, but also detect even chemically inactive gases quickly and reliably.
Gas sensors for ambient air monitoring
The monitoring of gas concentrations in the ambient air requires especially long-term stable and reliable gas sensors. The measurements are usually carried out 24/7 – 365 days in the year. Reliability and insensitivity to external influences therefore make gas sensors from smartGAS the first choice for your measuring task.
|Product||Gases||Sensitivity - ppm||Size|
|Long Path Modules||Many*||High||156 x 30 x 37 mm|
|F3-032205||C2H4 Ethylene||20ppm / 2000ppm|
|F3-042505||CH4Methane||50ppm / 5000ppm|
|F3-222108||CO Carbon Monoxide||0.2% / 100%|
|F3-222205||CO Carbon Monoxide||20ppm / 2000ppm|
|F3-212205-05000||CO2 Carbon Dioxide||8ppm / 2000ppm|
|F3-600503||SF6||0.5ppm / 50ppm|
|Short Path Modules||Many*||Medium||76 x 30 x 37 mm|
|F3-222207||CO Carbon Monoxide||0.07% / 20%|
|F3-212506-05000||CO2 Carbon Dioxide||0.03% / 5%|
|F3-212207-05000||CO2 Carbon Dioxide||0.07% / 20%|
|F3-600105||SF6||8ppm / 1000ppm|
|F3-600108||SF6||0.3% / 100%|
|Diffusion Modules||Many*||Low||70 x 60 x 37 mm|
|B1-040446||CH4Methane||1% / 4.4%|
|B3-212207-03000||CO2 Carbon Dioxide||0.01% / 20%|
|F3-600108||SF6||3% / 100%|
|Silarex Multi Channel||Multi Gas||High||233 x 31 x 37mm|
|SAE Module||Multi Gas|
|Pest Control Gas|
|Gas Module||SO2F2 Sulphuryl Fluoride||4%|
*Gases include acetone, n-butane, CO, CO2, ethane, methane, propane, refrigerant gases & NOX and other pollutant gases
SILAREX Multiple Gas Solutions
Applications such as emission measurement require the simultaneous analysis of multiple gases like CO2, NO and SO2. SILAREX gas sensors have been developed for this application case and enable parallel concentration measurement of up to three measuring gases with one single NDIR gas sensor. The cross-sensitivities of the individual gases are compensated directly inside the SILAREX sensor, providing the user with fully prepared and corrected measuring values via Modbus ASCII / RTU for further processing. Compared to measuring with three individual sensors, the advantages are obvious: Only one sensor needs to be calibrated and maintained; varying sample preparation, different accuracies or life cycles of the sensors do not need to be considered.
- Measure up to three gases simultaneously with one setup
- Cross-sensitivity is calculated on-board
- Pressure compensation on board
- Ready to use calibrated
- NDIR technology for complex measurement tasks
SAE Module controls the sensor environment
The SAE Module is the complete “Box” with:
- Power Supply
- Interface – RS485 digital output
Gas Sensor Calibration Tool Software
smartGAS has updated the Gas Sensor Calibration Tool Software with the following new features.
- More diagnostics
- Export of data sets for remote diagnosis by smartGAS
- Reset to factory settings
- Graphic concentration displays
- For all B3 and F3 sensors with / without Connect Interface
- It is free. Download it, try it out and use it. The new tool no longer requires a license. Email us for more info and a download link.