When you can’t find a stock infrared filter for your requirement, we can help you with custom filters. First, check the EOC Stock IR Filter List for something close to your requirement. Use a stock filter if you can for prototyping. Making custom filters uses a batch process using sophisticated vacuum coating machines. It costs almost as much to make one as it does to make a production lot. If you really need a custom filter then use the steps below.
Here is what you need to do:
- Determine the IR filter specification and size for your application.
- IR Filter thickness for production is 0.5 mm; Prototype thickness can be up to 1.0 mm.
- Filter Quantities: Production is not an exact number the yield will be ± 10%.
- Filter packaging: Circular Filter, Waffle package, Wafer tape
A typical specification for a custom filter will include:
- Center Wavelength (CWL)
- Half Power Bandwidth (HPBW)
- Filter size