art photonics GmbH development of specialty fibers for the Mid-IR region has resulted in a unique product – Chalcogenide Infra-Red (CIR-) fibers.
Chalcogenide glasses (As2 S3) transmit IR-radiation in the spectral range of 1.1 – 6µm. Our CIR fibers are drawn in core/clad structure with double polymer coating and characterized by low total optical losses and low absorption peaks over mentioned spectral range.
High flexibility & high transmission of our chalcogenide fibers allowed producing commercial fiber bundles & convertors for Mid-IR applications.
- Custom design
- Customized fiber arrangement and splitting
- Standard and customized connectors
- Mixed fiber bundles (UV, NIR, MIR) are available
- Flexible IR-imaging systems
- Remote non-contact pyrometry in the 200-600K range
- Fiber probes for remote process IR – spectroscopy
CIR Fiber Bundle & Convertor Specification
|Design||Rectangular to Circular Circular to Circular|
|Core/Clad Fiber Diameter||250/300; 350/400; 500/550 µm|
|Number of Fibers||Up to 37 in hexagonal configuration, more on request|
|Length of Bundle||0.5 - 5 m|
|Types of Protective Jackets||PVC, PC + Nylon, Rigid Metal Housing|
|Spectral Range||1.1 to 6.0 µm|