Very compact multi-element LED arrays and LED matrices emitting at one or different wavelengths
- Miniature dimensions of an LED chip (350 × 350 µm),
- Narrow-band emission spectrum,
- Short response time and
- Low thermal flux
What is the LED Matrix?
The LED matrix is an arrangement of similar or different LED-chips mounted in a single compact package and driven together or independently. This kind of emitter is a powerful radiation source for portable optical analysis systems.
- Standard one-wavelength matrices – Parallel connection of several LED chips that emit at the same wavelength and driven together can provide a significant increase of total optical power.
- Standard multi-wavelength matrices – Connecting LED chips that emit at different wavelengths and driving them independently, or applying short current pulses sequentially to each chip, enables scanning of a certain spectral range with the help of a very compact radiation source.
- Custom matrices – Option to design a custom matrix combining different LED chips and choosing appropriate package.