Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Needs to be Monitored
Nitrous oxide (N2O) is used in various industries such as in the medicine sector, the food industry or the semiconductor industry. In addition, N2O is generated as an unwanted emission in numerous other industrial applications.
Nitrous Oxide (N2O) is a greenhouse gas that is 300 times more harmful than carbon dioxide (GWP = 300). Its high density and low storage pressure (at low temperature) are it’s advantage over stored high-pressure gas systems. N2O is a gas that is colorless, tasteless and has a slightly sweet odor. Nitrous oxide is classified in the group of nitrogen oxides and is considered to be oxidizing. Another characteristic is its good solubility in water.
Nitrous oxide is produced in:
• The energy sector during the combustion of biomass and fossil fuels
• The chemical industry during the production of, for example, nitric acid.
• During waste water treatment.
smartGAS Sensors for Process Monitoring of Nitrous Oxide (N2O):
500 ppm N2O FLOWEVO Sensors
N2O sensors of the FLOWEVO series help you to keep your processes in the semiconductor industry or food industry stable and to avoid emissions.
Room Air Monitoring with the 500 ppm N2O BASICEVO Sensors
N2O sensors of the BASICEVO series are used for monitoring nitrous oxide in:
• Medical facilities where nitrous oxide is required as a sedative.
• Indoor cultivation areas to measure emissions from fertilizers.